14th-century glaziers continued the copious use of grisaille, introducing complex architectural frames for monumental figures of saints and donors. At Amiens this is best illustrated in the surviving glass of the first chapels of the nave, begun soon before 1300. The easternmost chapel on the north side dedicated to Saint Agnes was donated by the mayor of Amiens, Drieu Malherbe, in 1296. We see an image of the mayor with his patron saint and, originally, Saint Catherine. Similar glass survives in the window of the chapel of Saint Michael, the third chapel on the north. Compositions and tonality are reminiscent of glass at S-Ouen of Rouen and S-Père of Chartres.
Simultaneously with the nave chapels glaziers installed windows in the upper transept façades. On the south side we have a gallery of bishops at triforium level--the great rose was rebuilt c. 1500. On the north side a gallery of kings fills the middle, triforium level while the great rose, probably from the mid-14th century, is non-figurative. Much of the glass is brightly colored--is it possible that elements of the old nave aisle windows, now under demolition, were re-used?