Chapel of Saint John Evangelist
Jean de la Grange (1373-5) succeeded Jean de Cherchemont as bishop. De la Grange, born of a noble Beaujolais family played a key role in the court of Charles V. His brother, Etienne, was the first president of parlement of Paris. From 1357 Jean was abbot of Fécamp. In 1370 he became president of the cour des aides and superintendant of finances. He was preceptor of Charles V's children Charles VI and Louis, duke of Orléans. He became cardinal and joined papal court at Avignon. Two sumptuous mausolea erected one in St Martial of Avignon and the other in Amiens Cathedral.
In 1373-‐5 While bishop of Amiens he began the last two chapels on the north and dedicated both to his two patron saints. Foundation established c1375.
Inscription in window:
Monseigneur Jehan de la Grange, qui fut évesque d'Amiens, et depuis cardinal, a fait faire cette chapelle en l'honneur de Dieu et de Monseigneur saint Jehan l'Evangeliste.
1402 his nephew and successor, Jean de Boissy established 4 chaplaincies.